2015 General Information
Held on the banks of the picturesque Hawkesbury River in the historic township of Windsor, this annual event is a " must see " for lovers of great heritage and established blues and roots acts, as well as a plethora of up and coming artists.
The Sydney Blues and Roots Festival is now in it's seventh year and is widely acknowledged as one of the premier blues and roots festivals in N.S.W.
This year's festival format has been structured differently due to tough economic times. The Sydney Blues and Roots Festival promoters have decided to " throw the doors open" and make it FREE - with the exception of dinner / shows and the headline acts.......Yes, that's right, FREE !!
This couldn't have been possible if it weren't for the support of Hawkesbury City Council, Windsor Function Centre, Macquarie Arms Hotel, Fitzroy Hotel, Hawkesbury Hotel, Trentino’s Restaurant, Simons Cafe and The Hawkesbury Agricultural Society.
Blues Cruise 2015
Cruising the majestic Hawkesbury River – sitting back, sipping a cool drink or two while listening to one of Australia’s premier or up and coming blues acts. It gets no better.
Be at Windsor wharf 15 minutes prior the departure time of your cruise.
Food and drinks are available on board.
Cruises are not affected by inclement weather.
Conditions of Entry for Stall Holders
STALL HOLDER APPLICATION
Conditions of Entry for Stall Holders
- Please DO NOT forward fees with this application form. If your application is successful, you will be notified and invoiced accordingly, a link will be provided for payment Online.
- An electrician MUST tag external generators, power cords and other electrical equipment prior to the festival
- Stall areas are 3m deep x 6m long and must be kept clean and tidy at all times
- A copy of your current Public & Product Liability Insurance certificate (Public Liability to be a minimum of $10,000.000), Health Food Act certificate (if selling food) is required to process this application.
- If Approved a link will be provided, so you can pay and upload copies of your Certificates. IF CURRENT CERTIFICATES ARE NOT RECEIVED WITH YOUR APPLICATION PAYMENT ‐ your application will be deemed void.
- Stallholders participate in the Sydney Blues & Roots Festival at their own risk; they are also responsible for the security of their stall goods
- Dogs or any other animals are strictly prohibited (unless an animal attraction)
- Drop offs permitted to designated site prior to 7.00am MUST be put on footpath, NOT on the road
- Stalls can then be set up on the mall, but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES before 7.00am
- Stallholders will receive one parking pass in a designated area, directions to the parking and details on their stall position
- Sydney Blues & Roots Festival Promoters will decide on stallholders and allocate stall positions, no discussions will be entered into
- Stallholders MUST stay open between 9.00am and 10.00pm
- All tables, rain and sun protection is to be your own responsibility. You must ensure that all structures are tied down and are secure
- The selling of cap guns or any toys with firing capabilities is prohibited
- Stall fees will not be refunded should inclement weather or other factors beyond the control of the Sydney Blues & Roots Festival effect the event
- A current Health Food Act certificate from your local Council or health department MUST be provided (more details are available here). The Hawkesbury City Council health inspector WILL also be inspecting on the day. You must also comply with "Guidelines for Temporary Food Stall Associated with Special Events” available from www.sydneybluesfestival.com.au, applications page
- The deadline for expressions of interest is the 2nd October 2015
- Payment is required no later than the 9th October 2015 to confirm your festival position
FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE
The Sydney Blue & Roots Festival Program for 2015 is still being updated.
Please return soon for updates.
Sydney Blues & Roots 2015 - Sponsors
Please Contact us if you would like to Sponsor the Sydney & Roots.
Imagine thousands of people relaxing on a clear Australian night while they drink an ale or two and listen with rapt attention to one of the country’s premier Blues bands…
- Invitations to the official launch party
- Festival day passes
- Link to sponsor’s home page from event website
- Free site during the Event for promotional display
- Sponsor posters
- Premier banner display
- Free promotional stall in Windsor mall
- Up to 25 weeks of exposure
- Half page advertisement in Souvenir Event Program
- Logo on selected Festival advertising and promotional material
- Logo on Sydney & Roots official website
- Promotional signage and material at Sydney & Roots office during Festival
- Premier mention and acknowledgement of support in all media releases
- Logo on 10,000 Festival flyers