2014 General Information
Conditions of Entry for Stall Holders
STALL HOLDER APPLICATION
Conditions of Entry for Stall Holders
- Please DO NOT forward fees with this application form. If your application is successful, you will be notified and invoiced accordingly, a link will be provided for payment Online.
- An electrician MUST tag external generators, power cords and other electrical equipment prior to the festival
- Stall areas are 3m deep x 6m long and must be kept clean and tidy at all times
- A copy of your current Public & Product Liability Insurance certificate (Public Liability to be a minimum of $10,000.000), Health Food Act certificate (if selling food) is required to process this application.
- If Approved a link will be provided, so you can pay and upload copies of your Certificates. IF CURRENT CERTIFICATES ARE NOT RECEIVED WITH YOUR APPLICATION PAYMENT ‐ your application will be deemed void.
- Stallholders participate in the Sydney Blues & Roots Festival at their own risk; they are also responsible for the security of their stall goods
- Dogs or any other animals are strictly prohibited (unless an animal attraction)
- Drop offs permitted to designated site prior to 7.00am MUST be put on footpath, NOT on the road
- Stalls can then be set up on the mall, but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES before 7.00am
- Stallholders will receive one parking pass in a designated area, directions to the parking and details on their stall position
- Sydney Blues & Roots Festival Promoters will decide on stallholders and allocate stall positions, no discussions will be entered into
- Stallholders MUST stay open between 9.00am and 10.00pm
- All tables, rain and sun protection is to be your own responsibility. You must ensure that all structures are tied down and are secure
- The selling of cap guns or any toys with firing capabilities is prohibited
- Stall fees will not be refunded should inclement weather or other factors beyond the control of the Sydney Blues & Roots Festival effect the event
- A current Health Food Act certificate from your local Council or health department MUST be provided (more details are available here). The Hawkesbury City Council health inspector WILL also be inspecting on the day. You must also comply with "Guidelines for Temporary Food Stall Associated with Special Events” available from www.sydneybluesfestival.com.au, applications page
- The deadline for expressions of interest is the 3rd October 2014
- Payment is required no later than the 10th October 2014 to confirm your festival position
FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE
The Sydney Blue & Roots Festival Program for 2014 is still being updated.
Please return soon for updates.
Sydney Blues & Roots Festival 2014
Sydney Blues & Roots Festival 2014
Hollands Paddock, Windsor
23th - 26th October
Their debut album is just shy of gold and was nominated for APRA, Deadly, NIMA and
Queensland Music awards. It also saw them touring with the likes of Birds Of Tokyo and
Dolly Parton as well as playing at SXSW, Canadian Music Week, Bluesfest and Woodford.
The irrepressible Joe Camilleri, writer of milestone anthems such as " Hold On To Me ",
Harley and Roses”, Chained to the Wheel", "The Shape Im In" leads the Black Sorrows
from the front. They are undeniably one of Australia’s most successful touring acts of all time.
If you've ever seen Kevin Borich live you can't help but be moved by the passion and
intensity of his playing and performance, whether he's sliding with his resonator or inducing
his glittering, black Strat to scream and wail it will be an experience you will take to your grave."
As a band The Snowdroppers have a foot in both camps, but they also delight in delivering boozed
up, toe tapping, foot stomping blues rock, all with a thrillingly ‘tip your hat’ homage to nostalgia.
30 Years old and still going strong, The Radiators continue to show why they are the Kings of
Rock in Australia. With Gold and Double Platinum albums under their belts, it's easy to see
how "The Rads" have nothing to prove, and yet so much more to give.
Nashville based Aria award winning singer/songwriter Rick Price returns home to Australia
to play songs from his upcoming new album plus songs from critically acclaimed "The Waters Edge"
There's something prematurely mythic about The Flood. Their name swirls with the gravity
of the Old Testament and the everyday calamity of life on the land: a force of nature, and a
story thick with sediments of truth and fable.
A powerhouse on the world festival scene with a recently added 2014 Detroit Music Award for Most
Outstanding Vocal. Blues review said " Harper is the most exciting artist on the live music scene today"
Better known as a prog rock band, Spectrum famously had a national No. 1 hit, "Ill be gone Someday
Ill have Money “in 1971. Fronted by legendary Mike Rudd, Spectrum plays the blues is not to be missed.
After more than ten years in the business, Ray Beadle is still regarded as young for his considerable
talent! He was discovered in the early part if this century performing a three month residency with the
house band in B.B King’s Club in Memphis and has also performed at Buddy Guy’s Blues Club in
Chicago as well as several Southern Blues festivals in the USA.
Darren Jack is a seasoned vocalist and a versatile guitarist who can create through improvisation.
From blistering gut wrenching blues to a smooth melody that will sooth the soul. Jack’s honesty
and commitment are the real deal. Jack’s 2014 release "Take These Blues" sums up everything.
Featuring Kevin Bennett, Don Hopkins, Johnny Cass, Adam Pringle, Cass Eager, Spencer Jones,
George Brugmans and Ben Edwards. Playing songs of Delta Blues legend ROBERT JOHNSON.
Mescalero are a Roots Rock Trio fronted by Sydney bluesman and guitarist
Steve Edmonds. Heavily drawing from Southern American 1950s period.
With influences from Little Feat to the Allman Brothers, Daryl and Hey Gringo are
a groove injected Funky Blues & Roots act that never fails to impress.
James Southwell commands the stage like few others, with powering riffs and vocals
that bite. James and his incredible band are truly world class. James is notafraid to push his
music past all previously existing boundaries and well past what most musicians
consider the limits of what is safe.
The Grahams, the creative union of lifelong romantic partners Alyssa and Doug Graham,
combine soulful bluegrass with hints of Americana, adding colours from traditional folk and
country blues, into an infectious blend of storytelling resulting in songs of love, loss, yearning,
and the view from rural American roads less traveled.
As the name suggests, expect some good old-fashioned blues from this slick act.
Shane says,'most of the songs we perform, I played in my pre-Cigars' days.
Winner of two Chain Awards (2014) Best New Talent, Song of the Year. Blue Eyes Cry
are an award winning Blues/Funk band that perform the Blues in a contemporary manner
2012 Triple Chain award winner Liza has a voice that can howl, growl or
soothe a furrowed brow, reminiscent of Elta James and Aretha Franklin.
An energetic fusion of blues and rock recreating the sounds of the delta blues with their own
eccentric rock sound. Unpredictable, dynamic and eclectic musicality, staying true to the roots and blues.
A GIRLS a GUN
A Girl's a Gun is a Sydney-based rock and roll band, with a sound coming out of the same Southern Rock
soup that most likely influenced the Stones while they were busy influencing The Black Crowes:
sexy, fuzzy, and full of blues.
** Please take advantage of our Early bird ticket prices.
3 Day weekend pass @ $149.00
Sydney Blues & Roots Festival 2014 - Sponsors
Please Contact us if you would like to Sponsor the Sydney Blues Festival.
Imagine thousands of people relaxing on a clear Australian night while they drink an ale or two and listen with rapt attention to one of the country’s premier Blues bands…
- Invitations to the official launch party
- Festival day passes
- Link to sponsor’s home page from event website
- Free site during festival for promotional display
- Sponsor posters
- Premier banner display
- Free promotional stall in Windsor mall
- Up to 25 weeks of exposure
- Half page advertisement in Souvenir Festival Program
- Logo on selected Festival advertising and promotional material
- Logo on Sydney Blues & Roots Festival official website
- Promotional signage and material at Sydney Blues Festival office during Festival
- Premier mention and acknowledgement of support in all media releases
- Logo on 10,000 Festival flyers
Gary Mannix, talks about the Sydney Blues & Roots Festival in 2013.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU!
This year the Sydney Blue & Roots Festival has a number of Accommodation choices to help make your stay a comfortable and pleasant experience.
During the weekend of the festival, Accommodation in the Hawkesbury can be difficult to find.
To help alleviate the problem Sydney Blues & Roots Festival have organised a TENT CITY within walking distance to the venues (refer to the Venue Map below).
The camping ground will provide camping facilities to suit all budgets, whether it be an area to pitch your very own tent through or bring your own camper.